Isolation Diary ~ Part Three

IYA LUV!

It's 2:11am, my brain is very much switched on and my anxiety is high. 

A month in isolation can do crazy things to you, like make you even more addicted to Words With Friends, a game on Facebook Messenger. I love word games, but the amount of time I've spent playing it in the last week is just outrageous!

I remind myself daily that this for the good of our NHS, our country and that outweighs any itch I might get to go to Costa coffee. I miss my friends, I miss my family that I can't see properly even though they live down the road, I miss HUGS!!! There I said it and on a very sincere note, I'm sending love out to you if you're reading this. No matter what kind of day you're having, it can always get better. You've got this. 

Singing has been my solace these past few days, as it normally is, but this time I seem to be focusing less on my idea of perfect vocals (I am such a perfectionist when it comes to singing that it can be very irritating sometimes) and more what I feel when I sing and after I've sung. It gives my time spent singing so much more importance when I do that. I suddenly realise that singing is such a gift: to be able to let out feelings you may not be able to verbalise, or ones you didn't even know you were experiencing. It lifts me and so many others. It helps me to heal and it will continue to for many years to come. 

I think we put a lot of pressure on ourselves, perhaps with the influence of what we see others doing on social media, to be creative as often as possible and to be on top form whenever you decide to do anything. A creatives lifestyle is a busy one, granted, but we don't need to 'do' all the time and especially not in isolation. We can just 'be', and in allowing ourselves that time to reflect we are allowing opportunity for growth - we can learn more that way. A few friends I've spoken to in the last week have expressed their 'down days' have been their 'less productive days'. I find productivity is a very personal thing. To one person; doing one thing in a day could be a huge achievement where as to somebody else, doing one thing could be a huge underachievement. We have to be kind to ourselves and others, even more so in these unprecedented times! We may need a little more time to comprehend what's happening on a day to day basis and adapt within this set of circumstances continually with the support of others and perhaps without a busy to-do list. I mean come on, let's be honest, you'll run out of things to do if you're that productive anyway!

Anyway, it's about time I tried to sleep, after all I am not nocturnal... (I am, I don't know who I'm trying to kid). Before I do I want to recommend these three things to you: 
1. Dear Evan Hansen the novel (you will cry)
2. Unorthodox the Netflix series (you will cry)
3. Listening to some tunes I've covered on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5T6234qjmgJkz9so4pEnWQ?view_as=subscriber (if you cry... I hope they are good tears).

Lots of love, 

Rebecca x

#StayHome

Comments

Popular Posts