Happy Days Are Here Again

IYA LUV!

I haven't written a blog for almost a month but I felt that now was the perfect time to get back into it. 

The reason for me not posting anything is because I've been in this weird transition of finishing LIPA, moving back home and figuring out what I'm going to do to stay alive (aside from acting). 

Nah, it's not really that dramatic, but it has been tough and for anyone experiencing the same thing, I'm with you! 

I experienced a little bit of a rough patch in my mental health during the first two weeks or so of leaving LIPA, but if I'm being honest with myself, I don't want to talk about that because this blog is not about that. It's about what happened after the lull. 

After helping a dear friend out with her fundraiser towards her Masters, I realised what it was that I had to give to this industry. I realised that though in my head, I may think I'm not doing anything productive, I've actually been working very very hard to develop my skills and create my own work, it's just that my mentality wouldn't let me see that. 

Between this and the next revelation, there was another lull but I am not going to dwell on it. That's a waste of energy!

As a graduate, you have a heck of a lot of time, energy and creativity to give but if you don't have a job the second you step out of drama school it has the potential to leave you feeling downhearted. I flipped that on it's head; I didn't want to doubt myself (as I have a track record of doing so when that dark cloud hovers over my mind). So I started to use my creativity in any way I could because I have no reason to be down hearted. 

I'm currently expanding my vocal rep, organising the Manchester launch of my theatre company, Blue Balloon, and preparing for when I begin rehearsals of my first professional acting job, Thorn at the Greater Manchester Fringe. 

When I'm not doing that, I'm normally doing yoga, watching a film/series as I now have the time to watch everything I haven't watched this year or working at my new job. 

What's more is that this week, I've spent time with people I love and for the first time EVER, not had a care in the world. I've found that the more I do and the less I question, the happier I am and the less I feel overridden by anxiety. This is because I'm fighting against it and because I'm surrounded by incredibly gorgeous people who are helping me to fight. 

So yeah, I'm as happy as this puppy right about now. 

Image result for happy puppy

Oh and I have to mention this... I found out yesterday, that I got a first on my dissertation and it is safe to say I cried with happiness for a solid 40 minutes. 

Hard work, passion and drive: all you need. 

...That and a big smile 😁

Lots of love,
Rebecca x

Comments

Popular Posts