Encourage Mint

IYA LUV!

This blog consists of a few things that I wanted to talk about. It's for anybody that may be doubting themselves, feeling under the weather and wants to change. 

So firstly, I wanted to talk about mental health, which for those who have read my other blogs, will know it is something I try to discuss often. 

At the moment, I'm in a transitional stage of lowering my dosage of anti-depressants which will eventually lead to me coming off them all together. With the help of the advanced nurse practitioners at my local health practise, I have been able to discuss my mental health at length and I was completely honest when I said, "I'm ready to come off them." Without their help, I don't think I would have had the courage to do so or a least not for a while. 

I don't know whether this is something others feel when they take these types of medication, but there seems to come a point where you wonder could you survive without them. A big statement, I know - taking them becomes a security blanket which in times of need can be a blessing but in times of change is sometimes a bit tricky.

Now, I can only imagine how this sounds, you're probably thinking this is really depressing (lol, the irony), but actually, this is a really positive step forward for me and for anyone who relates. I feel within myself that I am ready and that I am no longer reliant on tablets!

That being said, what is happening at the moment is the same as what happens when you begin your course of medication - you get worse before you get better! I was quite prepared for this but it is still hard to overcome even though you know why it's happening.

This is fine

My sister said those exact words to me yesterday and she's right. If you give someone the chance, they will probably be able to help you... she also said that and I wholeheartedly agree. Talk about it so it's out in the open, it's there, it's addressed - now you can progress forward and not regress backward (note: you only FEEL like you're regressing.)

So that leads me on to today. 

I decided to read my friend's blog about self love and self acceptance which I have copied the link to below because it's so bloody good! 😄

https://elenhaftaylor.wordpress.com/ 

This beautiful lady has openly shared her journey, which in itself is incredibly brave! 

I wanted to mention this because, for me, it links massively mental health. Accepting myself - my quirks, my mind, my body, my soul - for what it really is an act of self love. 

Your physical and mental health can drastically improve if you accept the person you are right now and embrace the person you will become. It's so easy to fall into the trap of comparison, but that is absolutely not okay - no two people on this planet are the same, so don't waste your energy! Use it to LIVE exactly how you want to! (I did learn this the hard way.)

The last thing I wanted to say was this... when I told my fella I was coming off my antidepressants, his response was "YEEEEESSSS!" 

That was enough, with everything I've been feeling, to know that I can do it, you can do it and together, we can get through this rough patch!

Image result for i believe in you meme


Lots of love and encourage mint,

R x

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts