Home comforts

IYA LUV!

I've just this moment realised why we were eating fish for tea, it's good Friday. 

Image result for face palm

This is what happens when the actor goes home and is not in show mode; they lose all awareness of what day of the week it is! But I'm not complaining because it's nearly Easter - a valid excuse to eat copious amounts of chocolate! I use that justification all year round as to why I eat so much chocolate.

Anyway - I've come to the conclusion that I love coming home after a term of being at LIPA but I also hate it. Here's my reasoning...

I love it because 1) I can do my washing without having to pay £2.80 and let's not talk about the drying situation! 2) If your Mum is anything like mine, every kitchen work surface is filled with chocolate, cake or chocolate cake! AND there's always a full fridge! 3) I get to spend time with my family and friends from home (need I say more?).

Now all this is fabulous and lovely, but on the other hand... There are elements of being at home that certainly drive me up the wall!

For example... 

1) Dad turns the television volume to 7 whenever your back is turned. (What kind of mad man is he? At least make it an even number!) 2) If I try to sit down and actually work... 

Image result for doing work meme

Mum will consistently interrupt with pictures of cats, dogs or babies...

Image result for doing work meme

And 3) On the days where friends are busy, Mum is working and Dad is unaware of being the OCD ridden old fart that he is, I can't help but miss LIPA! Being able to sing in a random rehearsal room with or bump into your mate on another course that you've forgotten how you know but you just do!

Drama school life is crazy and it's a completely different world to Uni life, like how many times do I have to say it? - It's Acting, not Drama! Then coming home to the house you grew up in, seeing your parents go to work every day, your sister and brother-in-law buying a house with their cat, Gus... It puts things into perspective.

I'm very lucky to have such a loving home and family to come to when I need or want to get away from LIPA or acting, but I'm also very happy to go straight back into frantically learning 3 lots of lines, living off pesto pasta and rehearsing till 10pm each night.

Honestly though, my family are a very important part of who I am and what can I say, I'm a home bird!

Have a wonderful Easter 🐣🐣


Lots of love,
Rebecca x

Comments

Popular Posts