Isolation Diary ~ Part Eight ~ What has Lockdown done for you?

IYA LUV!

I'm intrigued to know what you may have discovered/learnt/realised in Lockdown? 

I've discovered the verbalisation of feelings and emotions lying heavy on my heart. I have gone through many a day where I've been able to say "Things lie heavy on my heart and mind today", because I feel a whole plethora of emotions, on good and bad days, from minute to minute and I always have. How wonderful is that? To be able to feel so much and so deeply. 

I've realised how much talking to others helps me: be it over video call, a normal phone call or in person. I've found that I have internalised a lot more in the months of Lockdown than I have for a good few years. This is something I try not to do, as you probably know by now and I'm glad to have realised this so I can actively try to be as open as I was. 

I always feel better for doing so. 

What have I learnt? Jesus... there's a question!


To play guitar.
To take time out if I need to. 
A whole load of new editing techniques which have helped me with self tapes and YouTube videos. 
How much I care about small details, about people and helping people. 
That I can, in fact, run! (I'm running 5k, 3 times a week now, thank you very much!)
That I am stronger than I will ever think I am, both physically and mentally. 

We each will have filled our time in Lockdown with whatever we felt was right for us. 

I wanted, so very fiercely, to stay creative in this time. I think had I not have done, I would have been much sadder on my dark days. 

Finding motivation right now, especially if you're a creative in any way, is difficult. We don't know the future of our industry and that's hard to deal with. Remind yourself of that, because if like me, you've been struggling to maintain that momentum of creating/doing, it's so important not beat yourself up for it. We are allowed time to slow down; to comprehend. 

If I may, I'm going to recommend checking out my theatre company's pages on social media! On a Sunday, and this began in Lockdown, we invite a creative guest onto an Instagram Live with us. Live number 12 this week! 

We discuss current matters going on in the world with openness, we share positivity, original work, our inspirations and recommendations as we leave one week and enter a new one. 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlueBalloonT... Twitter: https://twitter.com/blueballoonmcr Instagram: @blueballoontheatre

A lot of smaller theatre companies, especially in the North are offering opportunities, creating online events and things you can get involved with in abundance. We simply want to bring people together and to say, "Look, we know times are hard, but we've got you're back!" We are a community; more so now than I think we ever have been. 

If you are a creative reading this: use your voice and skills to do and create work. If you're not sure how or need a helping hand - reach out to other creatives or theatre companies like Blue Ballon and work together on a project. We will not let our industry, our profession and livelihood be left to diminish. Not so long as we have fire in our belly and a true passion for what we do. 

Comment on this blog or on the post in which I've shared it on social media, and let me know what Lockdown has done for you. I'm interested and in fact, fascinated by what it has done for me and other people.

Lots of love, 

Rebecca x



Comments

Popular Posts