A Spoonful of Kindness

IYA LUV!

As if this is my first blog of the year?! I promise it will not be 3 months until my next and I will absolutely make up for it. 

How are you? What have you been up to so far today? Whatever you've been doing - I hope it was fun!

In truth, I wanted to write a blog about 2 weeks ago when I finished my first acting job of the year (poignant, lol), but I couldn't. I was miserable for 2 solid days after we finished - post show blues were real! Then last week was jam-packed with work and emotions and I simply didn't want to write whilst my mind was so frantic! 

And so... here we are!
I'm little tired, a little emotional but ready to share my inner musings. 

You know, my go to song when I feel especially low or upset is 'I'm Here' from The Colour Purple. The whole song is a journey! By the end of it, I promise you this: you will feel like you can conquer anything - even if you do have tears streaming down your cheeks!

I've found it easy these past few weeks to think only of the work I need to do, be it in my part-time job, for Blue Balloon Theatre, for my acting career... but I found it harder to stop and check in with myself when I knew there were things I needed to address. This weekend I did that, I put my laptop away, I played my instruments which I've admittedly neglected over the past few months, I sang because I felt like singing, I saw friends, I ate the best food, I cried, I laughed. I was present. 

I've been reminded (as we all sometimes need to be) to show myself kindness by so many others, who themselves have reached out and shown kindness to me. Now I know this is my mindset at the minute, and we've all been in that place before, where we can't quite believe all of these people care... that they have all given up a few minutes of their day to fix someone else's crown, like mine, and say, "You got this!" 

I appreciate that. I appreciate that so much. 

I wouldn't say that what I'm experiencing right now is a 'bad patch'. On the contrary, I feel I'm appreciating the good things and differentiating between them and the things that cause me stress, anxiety or upset. I'm acknowledging, accepting and acting upon things I can change for the better. 

It's hard sometimes, especially when you're a creative. We wear our hearts on our sleeves, we care so much about everything we do and we open ourselves up to feel so much because that's what our job requires. 

**Okay, I'm going to pause in writing this and resume when I can get my head in gear and not cry. Big love and thanks for sticking with me.**

Few, okay - I'm back! 

With a lot of practise, I'm better now at being open about my mental health than I ever have been. I think because I don't like holding onto negativity, I've found that to be an encouragement toward letting it go, even if it feels really difficult. 

That's a kind thing you can do for yourself when you don't feel good: open up to let go. 

Positive mindset, positive energy - I start another acting job next week! I'm welcoming this new experience and opportunity to perform/learn/grow as an actor. 

~

Happiness starts with you. Nobody else. 

That's for anybody who needed that reminder today. 

You are strong enough to choose happiness, to do the things that make you happy. 

You are fabulous! It's true. And if you don't believe it, tell yourself until you do. 

Believe in the energy you bring into a room, into this world because there is no other like it! 

Show yourself a spoonful of kindness in saying, "I've got my own back." Because you have. If for whatever reason you can't, there'll be plenty who will. 💛

Lots of love, 

Rebecca x



Comments

Popular Posts