2020 Vision

IYA LUV!

I know, I know, it's been over two months Becca... where have you been? 

In truth, I've been under the clearest, starriest Chester skies, performing panto up to 4 times a day with the most gorgeous team of people for hundreds of children - magical, right!

Having finished our run of 34 shows on Christmas Eve and enjoying Christmas Day yesterday, which was full of love, laughter and Asti... I figured it was only fitting to write and reflect on a really great year and what's to come. 

This year seems to have gone in a flash, doesn't it? I'd actually forgotten what I'd done at the start of the year until a few days ago! SO much life has happened since then!

Professionally, I've managed to tick off theatre companies and jobs on my bucket list which in itself is a wonderful achievement! Not only that but contacts I have made from each job this year have led me onto my next, which is so humbling and it makes me excited for what's to come! 

This year made me realise what I am really capable of and how much my passion pours out of me when do what I love. If I can maintain that in 2020, I'm sure I'll continue to feel as fulfilled and happy as I have this year. 

That's not to say I've been happy 24/7, because truthfully, I haven't. There has been loss in my family, there have been very bad bouts of mental health and there have been moments where I've lost my sense of direction. I hate those moments, but don't we all? I'm learning to accept those bad days though; allowing myself to feel sh*t if that's what I feel and then picking myself back up. It's the 'picking yourself back up' that matters the most. 

I've always managed to do that, somehow and regardless of how consumed I've felt by my demons and I'm really bloody glad of it! It's in a Mancunian's nature I think. 

The support network I have around me has helped me to do that too, one that I feel more gratitude toward now than I think I ever have. Oh and that's another thing, I'm recognising the gratitude I feel and expressing it so much more and that has allowed me to find positivity within the darkness I sometimes feel. 

TIP: 
When you're having a really rubbish day and you can't seem to shake it, write down the date and 3 things you're grateful for. It could be something as simple as having a cup of tea, but if that's what you're grateful for, then so be it! It's significant to you, it's important and it's helped you in some way or another. 

I feel very lucky that I've managed to filter out much of the negativity that has stepped into my path this year knowing that I've learnt from it. I guess that's the key to a healthy and happy mind/life: letting go of things or people that down leave you feeling fulfilled or happy. 

It feels liberating to even write that!!

So moving forward, 2020 will not be a year of questioning ourselves and our ability. It will be a year of accepting new challenges and proving, to ourselves, that we are capable of anything we put our mind to. Take a deep, refreshing breath and tell yourself you can! Remind yourself of how strong you really are. Empower yourself!

I have so many ideas bubbling away in my mind and I want those ideas to come to life and they will because I am capable of making them happen! 

Thank you for your love and continued encouragement toward my blogs and all the very best for 2020! 



Lots of love, 

Rebecca x


P.S. I have a list of recommendations for you... things that could open your mind, inspire you, make you feel happy. Explore at your own leisure: 

She Must Be Mad - Charly Cox (Book)

Happy - Fearne Cotton (Book - you'll need a pencil too!)

Frozen 2 (Waste no more time if you haven't already seen it)

Manchester Actors' Platform Showreel service (FOR NORTHERN ACTORS)

& Juliet (Musical)

Maui Moisture (Natural and cruelty free hair care) 


Peace and love! 💛

Comments

Popular Posts