2019 here we come!

IYA LUV!

This blog is me checking in with you for the last time in 2018! It has been a mad one, with ups and downs and a lot of learning, that's for certain!

On behalf of myself and my family, I think this year took turns we could never have anticipated. We felt loss, but continue to adapt; knowing they are gone but not forgotten. My sister proved this year how strong she can really be when faced with inner turmoil. I am proud of her. My Mum continues to be my rock, and our families rock. I am indebted to her, really. As I step into 2019, I will have a greater understanding of the phrase, "We are stronger together" where my family are concerned.

I discovered this year, the sheer beauty of being in love. For those who have ever felt it I'm sure you'll agree. For the roller coaster ride you go on, it all seems worth it when you see your significant other smile. It seems like the bond you form  becomes an entity in itself. The quirks, the cuddles and kisses, the support and the care is different to any others you'll ever know. That's pretty special I think. 


I'm not making any new year's resolutions for myself in 2019 except this one, I'm going to work hard and play harder! I want new and exciting experiences and I want to do what makes me happy. 

Happiness is the key to success, right?

I will also take a moment now to congratulate you, yes you, for achieving everything you achieved this year. However big or small and without comparison or judgement. For embracing your feelings because they are a part of being human. For staring into the face of anxiety and depression and saying "F*ck you!". For getting up each morning. For fearlessly being yourself!

If you feel like that's not you that I'm talking to, then stop denying your achievements, because you bloody did it!

I will too give myself a little pat of the back - for being a charming Mancunian, hehe!

In all seriousness though, I look in the mirror each day and no longer judge or critique who looks back unless it's constructive because honestly, what is the point? We have one shot at life so I will eat, drink, sing, shout, dress, act, work and be how I want to be.

Before I sign off for 2018, I just wanted to say a wholehearted thank you to each one of you who has supported me and read my blogs. Without you, I wouldn't still be writing them and the thought of no Mancunian Charm, well it's just not worth thinking about is it?!

I wish you all the best for 2019 - stay safe, stay happy and keep doing what you love!

Lots of love,

Rebecca... and Hettie, our latest addition! X


Image may contain: 1 person, cat and indoor

Comments

Popular Posts