Why settle?

IYA LUV!

It's 2 minutes to midnight and I'm starting a blog... I've started now so I may as well finish it, ey? 😉

So the house currently smells like cooked Jaffa cakes and it'll probably stay like that for, I reckon, about 3-4 working days.
Today, was meant to be my day off; not from everything completely, but from work, my 'normal' job that lets me earn a bit of dollar dollar on the side of acting.

I had a lie in, so I thought it would be a chilled day but it was actually insanely busy... Cooked breakfast, did physio, went for a driving lesson (I actually drove on the roads instead of the pavements this week... I'm kidding... or am I?), saw my Gran (she laughed at my driving story), went into Manchester, browsed and tried on, browsed and tried on... bought nothing, went to the CO-OP, bought more than I could carry, took it all home, left the house again, went swimming (yeah I know, a bit random, but I've had this impulse for about a week to go swimming, so I did and I LOVED IT!), went home again, made Jaffa Cake Brownies (incinerated the top, but it's what's on the inside that counts), tidied the house, ate an orange, showered, made the bed, made drizzle for salvaged brownies (I call them 'brownie bites'), did a bit more faffing about, collapsed on the bed and started writing this blog. 


00:12
We've come so far... and we've reached so high... and we've looked each day and night in the eyeeeeeeee!

Anyway... 

The reason I wanted to tell you this is because at the end of last week I found that I was in a bit of a rut. Whether it was something I had done, said or something someone else had said that made me realise, I'm not sure, but none the less, that realisation felt like a smack in the face - a wake up call perhaps! 

I'll be honest, I felt like I was going round in circles where acting was concerned recently. I've found that since I had taken a risk and changed aspects of my normal working life, I had settled very quickly into something that felt too 'normal' for me and I didn't know how to take it. It made me sort of frustrated, "Is this right for me?" I also found that because I'd kind of settled, any doubt, frustration or idea I would have, I'd just sort of scream, "AAAAAAHHHHHH!" at... in my head, obvs... and dismiss it. 

I'm not a settler, I'm a doer of many things. I'm constantly thinking about what's next. I will ALWAYS try and use my creativity in whatever way I can. I make things happen because I don't rely on others to do it for me.

This! This was what I reminded myself of when I needed it most!

My soul ambitions above everything else are to perform, to create, to be bold, to be true to myself and, probably most important, to never give up.

SO, with all of that in mind, I'm taking control. I'm concentrating on what will fulfil me and my creative needs over anything else. I'm taking bigger steps than I've taken before, which is scary yet exciting, but to break that pattern of going round in circles, thinking big is the best way forward!

Everything acting related that is costly (which is most things), time consuming (which is most things), or difficult (which is all the things), I'm trying to deal with hands on because there is no better way to learn or get it done. I'm a strong believer in that.

One of the biggest things I am not trying to do but am doing, is make Blue Balloon Theatre, which is currently a non-profit organisation, into a limited company. Let me tell you: not the easiest thing in the world and I'm glad I've got Jas as my partner because otherwise I'd just cry in a corner somewhere.

It is absolutely fine, to settle for a little normality in your life but if what you want is the complete opposite, then surely you should listen to that! Why settle?

It's now 1:20, I got mega distracted by very important issues whilst writing this blog but I felt compelled to share my week, my day and my thoughts with you.

You should be courageous every day. You should be fulfilled and enriched by what you do. You should take control of the things in your life that you can control.

Do not waste another minute on feeling helpless and/or stuck in a rut, achieve what you want to achieve and do it with the knowledge that you are fantastic!

1:35
I think it's time to go to bed.

To everyone who read this blog, thank you.

Sweets dreams
&
Lots of love,

Rebecca x

Comments

Popular Posts