The Next Step

IYA LUV, 

"So what's next for you then?"
"Do you have anything coming up?"
"Have you thought about doing this?" 


This last week or so, I have been weighted by own thinking and questions such as these. And every single time I think or hear one of them, it puts the fear of god in me...

"Am I doing the right thing?"
"What is next for me?"
"Should I be doing less or more?"


For instance, my best friend, who has a BA and MA in Maths, has worked, worked and worked some more to achieve her dream which is to go to drama school. Now, I will always give credit where credit is due, and it is most definitely due because she achieved that dream with flying colours! She's going to study on The Royal Academy of Music's MA Musical Theatre course in September and I could not be prouder, straight from one Masters to another and what's more, it was the only school she applied too!!!

She held a fundraiser which would go toward her drama school funds last Saturday evening and she did incredibly well. It made me think of whether I would ever pursue a Master's degree. A big commitment, both financially and professionally. The truth is, I don't know. I think it was the not knowing that made me think about it further. 

Drama school training at LIPA changed my life, quite literally, it gave me more than I ever could have imagined and now, at the very beginning of my post-graduate journey, I have more interest in learning from the people that I work with - seeing what's out there!

I worry a lot about what is right and wrong, hence, "Am I doing the right thing?" But from my small amount of experience I have so far of working in this industry, there isn't really a wrong or right way of doing things. Instead, there is a lot of, "if your face fits" and "being in the right place at the right time". I think we know when the time is right for certain things too, and take me doing a Master's for example, I know that my time is not now, and that's okay.

I am slowly realising, though it seems plainly obvious, that I have the choice of what I do or do not do. Though I may be eager to work and get myself out there, I am in control of how I do that. What I'm trying to say is that, if a job isn't right for you - you don't have to do it! I don't know about you, but I needed to be reminded of that this week.


Taking ownership of your choices and decisions is the key, I think. And if you want to do something, do it - trust your instinct.

I've done just that this week; I've done 3 things that will or may alter my lifestyle, my future, in however big or small a way. At first I was scared, but only momentarily, because I knew that all three things were really positive and would be good for me.

Trust yourself, and I'll leave you with a line from my latest spoken word...

"Find what lights your soul on fire

And admire the beauty of what may transpire."

Have the best day! 💛


Lots of love,


Rebecca x

Comments

Popular Posts