Know your worth and believe it!

IYA LUV!

Gosh it's been a while.

So the topic of this short but sweet blog is knowing your worth and believing it.


Speaking from first hand experience, this is a very difficult thing for actors/performers to do, especially with audition or pre-show nerves get in the way. 

Myself for instance, I know that I am an actor-singer with a soprano range, I know that given a new song I could learn and perform well in the time I was given and likewise with a script. This is all well and good, knowing that I am capable of that, but something I have noticed is as soon as any sort of nerves come in to play, the BELIEF in my abilities dwindle. 

I feel that it's mostly to do with my anxiety, as I have become very aware of when my anxiety is doing the talking rather than me. This being said, I and we, have to beat that anxiety that makes us question whether we can do it. 

The last couple of days has taught me this; that listening to that little voice and becoming downhearted/upset/frustrated because of it is not going to help you or anyone else. 

Go into that audition room, step onto that stage and fiercely be yourself.

You are capable of doing the job so believe it!
That's when the magic will happen 😊


Lots of love, 
Rebecca x

P.S. This week is Mental Health Awareness Week! WE MUST BEAT THE STIGMA! 💚

Comments

Popular Posts