2018 got me like...

IYA LUV!

Happy New Year to you all 💗

I didn't want to write a new year blog until I was in a 'good place'... whatever that is. Note to self: RIDICULOUS! If you too are waiting for a good day to say what you want to say, don't. However fantastic or ugly, say what you want to say, and say it now!! I don't always feel positive or courageous enough to let people in or to express how I'm feeling but why should I wait to be in a 'good place' to say that. Today I'm not having the best day, last week I didn't have the best week, that's okay and I'll write my blog anyway.

Don't censor yourself.  

Now I'm a forward thinker. I constantly think about the future, what will happen and what I want to do, but I found myself thinking so far ahead of myself when 2018 had only just begun that I felt incredibly overwhelmed, WITH STUFF THAT HADN'T EVEN HAPPENED YET!!! Mad, I know. I fortune tell a lot to be honest and I find it daunting sometimes, how powerful our brains can be. 

All I'll say is this, don't worry about whether or not you're going to have an acting job next week, or whether you'll be blonde or brunette in September - it's a new year, a blank canvas, anything can happen. Allow yourself the possibility to live each day to it's fullest potential.

So, now that I'm allowing myself that possibility, I'm gradually becoming more and more proactive in making my blank canvas a work of art. 

I started my gym membership back up, YES! For no other reason than, I finally have the money ...#actorprobs... and I want to be physically stronger than I am now. 

I've action planned things that I want to happen and things that need to happen! Really important - if there is something you want to get done, for whatever reason, do an action plan right now! This blog isn't going anywhere 😁

I could go into detail about the plans I'm putting in place, but that isn't necessary and I'd probably cry for the fiftieth time today! Take from this is that, even when you're like me and having a roller coaster of a day, you can still be proactive. 

If you feel stress, anxiety, low, depressed, worried or anything at all: they are only emotions stemming from thoughts! The more attention you pay those thoughts and emotions, the worse they will become (easier said than done, I know). One of my closest and dearest friends said to me, I want you to shout at the top of your voice, "NO!" if you start to overthink and your thoughts feel like their spiralling out of control. I tell you what, it works! (When I say it with conviction.) 

On a personal note though, I am learning to deal with my emotions and thoughts without any help from medication or counsellers and optimise other areas of my health too. It's difficult and upsetting at times, but this is the time I need to be patient with my body and my mind in order to make improvements. 

Until next time, keep challenging your mind, smiling lots and making action plans!

Lots of love, 
Rebecca x


Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, shoes, child and outdoor

P.S. Get yourself a bag with pompom's like the one bae got me - makes me smile erryday 😋

Comments

Popular Posts