Zen

IYA LUV!



So this weekend has been a particularly good one. Yes, there have been ups and downs but I feel like my zen levels are pretty high right now, so here's a blog post about it. 

So I went to my homeland on Friday night in preparation for an audition I had on Saturday in Manchester. It was lovely to spend time with my Mum and Dad, despite it only being short and sweet. 



The audition was an all-round joyous experience. Not only did I know the director of the piece but I was paired with a dear friend of mine that I went to college with. SUCH A SMALL WORLD! One thing I took away from the short time I was in that room was, you can only be the best version of yourself in an audition. If for whatever reason you think you were a mediocre, it's that experience which better prepares you for the next time. I personally really enjoyed myself so will be happy whatever the outcome. 

Also, just something for any actors out there that may be reading this, it doesn't matter if you have or have not trained at drama school or university. My friend knew that drama school wasn't for him, and yet he is doing incredibly well and has been getting himself acting jobs. I've got three years of actor training under my belt and yet we both ended up in the same audition. At the end of the day, both of us will get the same opportunities, but our journey's to those opportunities are different and personally unique. As long as you are committed and work hard, the rest will follow.

Then I dashed for the train back to Liverpool to rehearse for a music video another dear friend of mine is putting together. Again, joyous and positive and it was gloriously sunny outside which always lifts peoples spirits. 

Though I love being busy and filling my day with rehearsals of any kind, it was important to take some time for myself this weekend too! So I dyed my hair and went to a Eurovision party. Now let's get two things straight... Yes, my country was Spain and yes, I did drown my sorrows with Gin when they came last. Olay! Despite the measly 5 points, I did end up with cheesy chips at the end of the night and was surrounded by people I truly love which was a blessing. 

SUNDAY MORNING - drags oneself out of bed with my eyebrows still on fleek from the night before. I got in the shower, needing to wash away the flags painted on my arms and ended up slipping. Do not panic, I'm fine. I just have a sore neck and a strained little toe. Lol. 

We recorded everything for the music video which was wonderful! I just love singing with my friends, there is something truly uplifting about it. By the end though, I was feeling pretty tired and needed a pick me up. At which point, I ran to the queue for the ice cream van. A double sherbet cone with a flake and strawberry sauce. I'll take that, thank you!

By now I was feeling pretty content and was ready to go to my housemate re-launch party for her Arbonne business. I shan't go into detail about how pampered I felt because that goes without saying but two friends of mine, absolutely rocked their re-launch! I wanted to try everything and I felt so happy and relaxed! Thank you Fia and Yvonne 💚


Not only was this an absolutely lovely experience, but it really put things into perspective and joined hand in hand with the weekend I'd had. We have so much freedom to do what we choose. I think that the things we choose to do should make us happy, always! Why waste your time being unhappy in any aspect of your life?! 

I felt very anxious this afternoon, but I chose to do something that had 'feel good' all over it and I was supporting my friends which was my priority. GOOD LIFE CHOICES!!

I wrapped my weekend off by having dinner with my Mum and Sister, doing a very healthy food shop and drawing. 

So as I said, my zen levels are pretty high right now. Balance has been a key part of my weekend and I feel much better for it. 

Let kindness and happineaa shine from your face so much so, that you spread it…

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Lots of love,
Rebecca x

Comments

Popular Posts